Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/vuplayer/vuplayer.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/vuplayer/vuplayer.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
vuplayer.com • View topic - VUPlayer 3

VUPlayer 3

For posts relating to VUPlayer.

VUPlayer 3

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Just in time for Windows 7, here's a new version of VUPlayer which works on it. This one will only work on Windows XP, Vista & 7.
http://www.vuplayer.com/files/vuplayersetup300.exe

This is a complete rewrite so there's quite a few things missing that were in the previous versions of the program. So, no visuals, no encoders, no EQ, and so on. I did manage to include a couple of new things though, namely tabbed playlists and replaygain support. Source code is included too, so hopefully someone might find that useful (all development was done in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition). I probably wont be doing much more work on it myself, but there's lots of stuff that could be added. I've also updated the forum and re-enabled user registrations, so I anticipate some more spam coming my way....

Jim
Jim
Site Admin

Re: VUPlayer 3

Postby Lebieque » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:02 pm

thanks Jim,
I'll give your new version a try. Still using the old one exclusively.

BTW any idea how to make lame conversions convert in stereo instead of joint stereo?

You were right about the spam issue. Received an email from "Return-path: <vuplayer@soy.dreamhost.com>" [[Hello Lebieque, You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic, "please build a easy command version!" at "vuplayer.com" - If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link: http://#www#.vuplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3D2&t=3D10&p=3D515&e=3D515]] (#www# my own to deaden address)

Needless to say, there was no such reply received at that topic. Equally needless to say that I did not connect through the email in question!
Lebieque
Lebieque

Postby RockHopper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Nice to open the forum again, thank you, Jim ... and keep up the good work!

@Lebieque: "Joint Stereo" is by far the best option, but if you still need to disable JS
take a copy of a more recent "lame_enc.dll" from EAC, CDex or whatever application
is your default ripper/encoder.

BTW, still need a volunteer to translate the help file of the 2.49 german version?
I've got time and knowledge of the jargon, but no idea how to edit a *.chm file ... ;-)
RockHopper

Postby Lebieque » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:53 pm

I tried that. No luck. Apparently JS is the default for lame and would have to be set accordingly by the program or ini file. Out of bounds for the likes of us. Stereo or Joint Stereo? According to google search the opinions seem to be evenly split, with Stereo, all things equal, having the edge. I'm using AudioGrabber instead. Would be nice though to have it all under the one roof of my default VUPlayer.
Lebieque

Postby spankie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:51 am

Thanks Jim for version 3.
You have spoiled me with the old version,
any chance you might add the DSP plug-ins features in version 3?

Spankie
Spankie
spankie

Postby sanderevers » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:02 am

And the spammer is back :(
I'm Sander Evers. Development of MicroSE Player Remote has been stopped. Old version of the program DOES NOT work with VUPlayer 3
sanderevers

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:14 pm

The spammer has been deleted, but there will be many more to take his place :!:

I think the main thing I want to add to this new version is file conversion, as that's the only thing I really miss. Most of the other stuff in the old versions I never really used. I think the way I did DSP in the old versions was a bit buggy because I had to set up a dummy window so the plugin thought Winamp was running, so I don't think I'll be adding that back in. I did actually try running v2.49 on Windows 7 in XP Mode and it more or less worked, although being in a virtual machine it was a bit slow and XP mode is only in the Pro & Ultimate versions of Windows 7.

Jim
Jim
Site Admin

Postby sanderevers » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:19 pm

I also noticed that my old Remote control doesn't work with the new VUPlayer. But I already removed it from my site before I read this topic, since it's useless in Windows 7.

On that note, are you going to add support for the Windows 7 taskbar features? (Buttons, tasks, etc)
I'm Sander Evers. Development of MicroSE Player Remote has been stopped. Old version of the program DOES NOT work with VUPlayer 3
sanderevers

Postby Pooka » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm

I am running v2.49 on Windows 7 Ultimate no compatibility mode and it runs as good as it ever did... :D
Pooka

Postby Artie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 am

Ok . . . I did VUPlayer 3 and it didn't make sense to me. Maybe because its "stripped" down. I didn't even see any "options".

But, not to worry. Downloaded, and installed 2.49. Works great. Got my DSP's back. This is on an HP quad-core, AMD Athlon, 64-bit Win 7 machine.

I love it, but feel free to develop VU-3. ;)
Artie

Next

Return to VUPlayer