Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/vuplayer/vuplayer.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/vuplayer/vuplayer.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
vuplayer.com • View topic - vubar - a media library for VU-Player

vubar - a media library for VU-Player

For posts relating to VUPlayer.

vubar - a media library for VU-Player

Postby Begges » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Hello everybody,

please find attached a small utility to use the foobar media library with the VU-Player.
I have written it in Autoit, so everybody can enhance the code (Autoit is freeware).
As some virus scanners showing up an alert with Autoit-exes, i have attached the source code as well - be free to make your own stuff.
You will need:
- foobar2000: http://www.foobar2000.org/
- foosics foobar comserver: http://foosion.foobar2000.org/0.9/#comserver
and every external player you like, i prefer the VUPlayer :D

Maybe someone can implement this feature in a VUPlayer VIS-Plugin? I don't know C++, but someone else......

Whats the idea behind?

I am using vuplayer since version 2.0 and in my eyes it is still the best player. I have tested nearly every player around but vuplayer is unbeatable. Ok, it is missing album art, lyrics, media library, etc. but i don't need this for only playing music.
But sometimes i have guests and then i am missing the medialibrary a lot - in this cases i have tried to use foobar. But some guests aren't engineers and have difficulties to get around this "add to playlist and not play on double-click" behaviour of foobar.
But the medialibrary of foobar is great, as you can use every custom id3-field you like and have two excellent guis:
- Facets (itunes like, http://foobar2000.audiohq.de/foo_facets/
- Album-List (integrated in standard-installation)

So why reinvent some great stuff?
I have just taken foosics comserver and Autoit - the result is attached.
It intercepts foobar doubleclicks and sends the selected songs to VUPlayer.

download:

vubar.zip
vubar 1.0
(297.67 KiB) Downloaded 1228 times

How do you like it?
Post any errors or suggestions in this forum.

Enjoy your music

Begges
Begges

Return to VUPlayer