FLAC FILTER for COOL EDIT - Options?

For posts relating to Player, AudioTester, Audition filters, etc.

FLAC FILTER for COOL EDIT - Options?

Postby hank » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:49 pm

Thanks for a great filter!

I have a question regarding options: The filter in its current version (1.3 - 12 November 2007) allows the user to specify compression settings when saving a file. I was wondering if there is any way to specify any options when READING a file? What I'd like to do is load FLAC files in Cool Edit WITH the ReplayGain APPLIED, i.e. the gain-modified version and not the original. The command line option for doing this in FLAC is the undocumented "--apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless" option while decoding (see this thread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... opic=17293). This would be an incredible help, as there is no way (to my knowledge) to apply replaygain in Cool Edit! It would definitely qualify for a donation! :)

Thanks again!

PS: If this is currently not possible, perhaps it could be added in a future release? Perhaps in the form of an INI file that allowed the user to specify specific options? Or whatever would be the easiest way of doing it :)

PPS: If you (or anybody else reading this) know of a filter that will do replaygain in Cool Edit, please let me know! :)
hank

Return to Other Software